Thursday 1 May 2014

HOME MADE KESAR BADAM HEALTH DRINK POWDER

After a little bit long break again trying to be active in my page.In btw i am glad tht i completed 1 yr of my website.It was my school mates who really encouraged me and raised confidence in me for starting a blog.I am thanking each and every one who encouraged me till this time.
   Last month was really busy for me as my sons short vacation was thr and my MIL and our nephew visited us. The burning summer too made me lazy to get into kitchen. But have to...Thought to come back with a healthy recipe. A packet of badam was left in kitchen wardrobe.Normally we used to have take 2 or 3 badam by soaking over night and have it early morning.But it was taken as if a medicine!!... me and my son doesnt like the raw taste of badam. But he like to have kesar badam health drink. So tried to make it own.Yaah it came out as good as store bought one!!!And as every one knw the home made is home made !!!

INGREDIENTS
 For blanching of badam / almonds


ALMONDS / BADAM
1 CUP
WATER
7- 8 CUPS


For making of kesar badam powder




BLANCHED  BADAM/ ALMONDS
1 CUP
SUGAR CANDY / KALKANDAM / MISSRI
¾ CUP
SAFFRON / KESAR / KUNGUMA POOVU
250 mg  – 500 mg
CARDAMOM POWDER / ELAICHI / ELAKKA
1 tblsp


METHOD
   Blanching of badam



  •  Boil water . Place the badam evenly in a flat bowl or platter




  •  Pour the boiled water to the badam and leave it for 2 minutes .




  • Strain the water and allow the badam to pass through running water for 1 minute
  •  Transfer the badam to a kitchen towel and let thr for another 1 mint
  • Now rub the badam either between the fingers or between the towel




  • The skin of the badam gets removed from it.
  • Now roast the badam in medium flame for 5 minutes or until it becomes crispy.
  • Powder the badam in a mixer or blender.





  • Never run the mixer to much other wise badam will start to extract oil.
  • This badam powder can be also used in shakes , cakes , buiscuts etc...
Making of kesar badam powder


  • First add  the sugar candy in the mixer and give  1 or 2 pulse.
  • Now add all other ingredients given in the table for making powder.
  • Powder all together

  • It will be fine if grinding by giving  pulse.Other wise badam   starts to leave oil .
  • Kesar badam powder is ready
  • Add it to hot milk .If required add little more sugar to the milk.


2 comments :

  1. It’s not only great for your skin, but also for your general well-being.
    FOR MORE DETAILS CLICK:
    BSY NONI JUICE

    ReplyDelete