We have vacations during May-June...every year eagerly waiting for these months so tht we can see our dear ones....dont knw how fast these days goes..Now back to my kitchen...for abt 15 days i was away from kitchen....seeing my mother itself make me lazy and the best cook ....though she doesnt cooks much items ( as my father too doesnt like experimenting) , but cant beat the taste....I tried many of her items ,but never got tht taste....Any way after lazy days ..now busy daysss!!.....While in kerala ,my hubby bought kanava/ squid and ask me to cook...tht was first time i m seeing this ....felt bad and thought i cant eat tht...but believe me...its taste is just like egg white....so tried to share the recipe...enjoyyyy..
1. Squid : 1/2 kg
2. Onion : 2 Big
3.Tomatoes : 2 No
4.Coriander pwd : 3 tsp
5. Chilli pwd : 2 tsp
6. Turmeric pwd : 1/2 tsp
7. Pepper pwd : 1 tbsp
8.Garam Masala/ Chicken Masala : 2 tsp
9.Ginger/ Garlic Paste : 1tsp
10.Green Chillies : 3 Nos
11.Salt : To taste
12. Currry leaves : Abt 4 stems
1. Wash and clean the squid
2. In a pressure cooker , add squid, coriander pwd,chilli pwd, turmeric pwd, masala pwd, pepper pwd, chopped tomatoes,curry leaves and salt...... no need to add water....give whistles upto 4 or 5...
3. Once the pressure is gone, take out the squids from the curry ...cut it into cubes or rings...picture shows how it looks after taking form cooker...
This is how it looks after chopping....
4. In a fry pan , heat oil, add chopped onion, green chillies and curry leaves....when it gets softens add , ginger / garlic paste and saute until the onion turns brown....
5. Now add the diced squid and the gravy remaining in the cooker and cook in med flame until whole gravy gets dried up.....
6. U can roast it well till it turns brown...more the roasting the taste will be good...
Kanava Masala READDDYYYY!!!!!!